Thursday, January 21, 2010

2 for 3

So as of tonight I'm 2 for 3 on my covert kitchen ops success. 1) Tacos (with tomato & carrot puree) were a hit. 2) Today we both only worked a half day so when I got home I made chicken nuggets for lunch. The delicious deception came in the batter: first I dipped them in an egg and sweet potato puree mixture then tossed them in a bread crumb, flax seed meal, parmesan, paprika, garlic, & onion powder combo. Then I pan fried them in olive oil. Paul loved them--crispy & flavorful. I think the parmesan gave the breading that extra good something. 3) Later this afternoon I was craving a little snack and had a couple of bananas that needed to be used so I decided to make some banana bread. The secret veggie addition was 1/2 c cauliflower puree. I admit I was pretty skeptical. However, I thought it turned out great. It was really moist, and although there was a faint smell of cauliflower, I truly couldn't taste it. BUT, Paul was not too impressed. He said it wasn't sweet enough. It did only have 1/2 c of light brown sugar in it, but he is used to eating the Martha White banana bread packaged mix which is pretty sweet. So I guess I've got a lot of banana bread to eat this weekend. Nevertheless, I'll take 2 for 3!

Correction: 3 for 4! I forgot I had made Turkey Chili. I added carrot puree and a can of whole kernel corn. The beans were also pureed since Paul hates those too. It turned out really well...especially garnished with a little shredded cheddar and sour cream (only for me, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...