Monday, April 11, 2011

Taste of Summer

We were blessed with .gorgeous. weather this weekend! And we took full advantage of it--working, playing, and eating outside nearly all day Saturday. I made this {Honey Lime Fruit Salad} Saturday afternoon and ate almost the entire bowl by myself. scrumptious. Just the right mix of sweet and tart.  And it makes such a pretty dish, too-- wish I had thought to take a picture! This is definitely on my "make again" list.   

If you want to try it...
8-10 strawberries, sliced
2 bananas, sliced
1 20oz. can pineapple chunks in 100% juice
2 kiwi, sliced
1 15oz. can mandarin oranges

Whisk together & toss with fruit:
1/4 cup pineapple juice (reserved from can)
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey

And just because I think it's fun...
Summer Bouquet by Pablo Picasso  

Hope you soaked up some weekend goodness, too, and your week is off to a lovely start!

1 comment:

  1. SOUNDS DELICIOUS!
    I'm going to write that one down - a perfect summer treat!

    ReplyDelete

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...