Saturday, July 2, 2011

First Crop!

Picked my first strawberries this week! perfectly ripe and sweet!

And I've got more on the way...

It doesn't really hurt my feelings too much that Paul won't eat strawberries...more for me! :)

In other news...here's my little garden--that was planted extremely late and may be a bust...though I'm really hoping for better luck!
{sweet potatoes, squash, and tomatoes}
Thanks to my hubs for digging up all the grass, tilling, and making the box!

Squash is blooming. That's a good sign, right?!

I realllly want some tomatoes! Please, grow!

{My granddaddy would be proud, I think. He always had the biggest and best garden. We think he even invented the tiller--at least he built one before you could buy one. You can see a picture of it here. Pardon my bragging. One more example of why my brother told his kindergarten teacher that his granddaddy was "a genius"! :)}

I guess, I've taken a break from the mounds of homework for long enough...back to it! Happy weekending to you!

3 comments:

  1. very impressed by the garden.
    maybe I can get you to help me figure out next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) It has grown a ton! I'm def no expert, but I'd love to help you start one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANY help would be significant help. Trust me. :) Have a friend moving back to Memphis next month - she wants one too - maybe we can start our own little monthly gardening club. ;)

    ReplyDelete

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...