Saturday, July 2, 2011

For Us Girls...

My mom has just recently moved and taken lots of stuff out of storage, so when I saw her last night she gave me a bag of some of my old stuff that she came across while unpacking. One of the things in the bag was a frame with a beautiful reminder that my sweet friend Roya gave me several years ago at Christmas. 

{Interject a little background...}
Roya is one of a special group of friends from Briarcrest--we go way back to 5th grade! Although I don't get to see these precious girls very often (just once or twice a year because we are all running in different directions), they are a blessing in my life, and we have the best time at our Christmas get-together every year. Roya is now in Texas working on her Master's in Genetic Counseling--we always knew she was going to do great things! Love you, Roar!

After re-reading the words in the frame, I thought I would share them here because they speak great truth and encouragement to all ladies.

I Made Her
I made her...she is different. She's unique. WIth love I formed her in her mother's womb. I fashioned her with great joy. I remember, with great pleasure, the day I created her.
Psalm 139:13-16

I love her smile, I love her ways. I love to hear her laugh, and the silly things she says and does. She brings me great pleasure. This is how I made her: I made her pretty and not beautiful, because I knew her heart, and knew she would be vain...I wanted her to search out my heart, and to learn that it would be Me in her that would make her beautiful. And it would be Me in her that would draw friends to her.
Psalm 139:17 & 1 Peter 3:3-5

I made her in such a way that she would need Me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be... Only because I need for her to learn to depend on Me. I know her heart, I know if I had not made her like this she would go her own chosen way and forget Me...her Creator.
Psalm 62:5-8

I have given her many good and happy things...because I love her.
Psalm 84:11 & Romans 8:28

I love her broken heart...and the tears she cried alone. I have cried with her and had a broken heart too. Many times she has stumbled and fallen alone because she would not listen to my voice. Isaiah 52:6
So many times I have sadly watched her go her merry way alone, only to have to return to my arms sad and broken. Isaiah 62:2

And now she is mine again...I made her, and then I bought her.
Romans 5:8

I have to reshape and remold her...to renew what I had planned for her to be.
Jeremiah 29:11

I want her to be conformed to My image...
This high goal I have set for her because I love her.
2 Corinthians 2:14

I hope these words remind you that you are a beloved daughter of the King, and He desires only the best for you! It's true. Do you believe it? Do I believe it? 


So if you're searching, you can find fulfillment and purpose in Him--and Him alone.

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
Philippians 3:8a

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...