Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Best Grilled Chicken Ever

We have never ever gotten grilled chicken right. I've used tons of different seasoning concoctions and various marinades, store-bought and homemade, and we've never been impressed. And Paul will admit when it comes to chicken, he usually didn't quite get the whole grilling process right. So between the two of us, chicken on the grill was relatively flavorless and dry, at best.

But a couple of weekends ago we decided to give it another go, and it turned out SO SO good--both flavorful and tender/juicy. Props to my hubs for mastering the grill. I googled "easy grilled chicken marinade" and stumbled across this one. I followed the recipe pretty closely except for proportions (I basically halved everything) because it was just the two of us. Here's what we did...

    
Ingredients

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon each of thyme, oregano, rosemary, and crumbled bay leaf
1 tablespoon mustard (I used Woeber's Sweet & Spicy)
1 teaspoon each garlic powder and onion powder (I might have used fresh minced garlic & dried minced onion; I honestly can't remember. Probably doesn't make a huge difference either way.)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, each about 6 ounces

Place everything but the chicken in a ziploc bag; shake to combine well. Then add chicken breasts and shake to coat evenly.

Grill for about 4 minutes per side (internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.)

Granted, this is certainly not a lovely photo of a nicely styled plate. Good thing this isn't a "food blog." :)
 
I sure hope it wasn't a one-hit-wonder! We plan to try it again soon! Let me know what you think if you try it, too!

All's grace,
 
rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...