Monday, March 28, 2011

One More Grace

I just got off the phone with a sweet friend.  I asked if her week was off to a good start and she said, you know, I got up with a bit of the "Monday morning blues" but then I saw a post on facebook that reminded me I needed to stop complaining and be thankful...I got to wake up today.  This totally resonated with me and what I've been reading and thinking about lately.

A few weeks ago, I told you I started reading One Thousand Gifts. {I can't tell you how good it is.  God has truly anointed Ann Voskamp and her writing.}  Her whole premise is "All is grace."  Did you get that? (Am I getting that?)  

{ALL is grace.} every breath. every waking up. every day that is brimming over. brimming over with the "good". the "bad".  the busyness.  the tiredness. the joy. the frustrations. all of it. All is grace. 

She included the following quote in one of her chapters. Hit me like an arrow. 

Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
And the great world 'round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?

Why am I allowed two?

What am I doing with that allowance?

Later in the chapter she goes on to say, "If my inner eye has God seeping up through all things, then can't I give thanks for anything?"

Can't I?  Can't I trust Him--the One who gave up all of heaven for me--that much?  Can't I trust--and live like I trust--that if He gives me the one more grace of today, He has a grander purpose.  A grander purpose than my comfort, my plans, or my wants. 

Oh, for the grace to live like today is a grace rather than a drudgery.

And by the way, I'm on my third listen of this today.



1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful word today. Thank you!
    "Oh, for the grace to live like today is a grace rather than a drudgery."

    ReplyDelete

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...