Monday, March 14, 2011

People.

I've been home today playing catch up on laundry, etc. and have had the news on.  [sidenote: I rarely watch the news on TV or even keep up with snippets online.  I hate that I do that.  I need to stay more informed.  And I've been convicted lately about my excuse to not watch because "it's only always bad news."  Shouldn't that just be one more reason for me to be praying, really praying, for our world?] This is the first time I've seen images of all the devastation from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  

Image via

Image via
Heartbreaking.  A friend had this video posted on her Facebook.  As I was watching it, I was struck by the reality of people.  Of the souls who have lost everyone and everything dear to them.  It is so easy for me to see just another far away natural disaster and think "Oh, how horrible."  But it's real.  People--people God loves--are hurting.  But I know He's in control, and that He orchestrates all things for His glory.  Praying today that through all the loss, hurt, and chaos, the people of Japan will be drawn to the heart of The One Sovereign and Compassionate God. 

Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. 6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. 7 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. 8 Come and see the works of the LORD, the desolations he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. 10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 11 The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

*Post Edit: We can be the hands and feet of Jesus here. And more pics so that I can't ignore them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

love hearing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...